Monday, February 12, 2007

Wordplay, M, N, O...P?


In the interest of catching up, I'm going to post smaller entries to multiple letters...I hate leaving things undone...so here goes...


...M is for Momma, aka MumMum, and MOM-EEEE, all 3 names I have from KC, with mummum being my favorite

Man...my eldest son is a Man, while Rob is nearly a 'tween, and KC is still a wee laddie

Moon...I love the Moon, have many memories as a young tween myself, hanging out my bedroom window midsummer trying to catch a glimpse of her. My two youngest children were bathed in full moon light the night we came home (and isn't that a kewl coincidence? full moons when both kids came home?)

Mom ... my Mom, who will be gone 11 years this March, who I miss so much, but who I see manifest herself in things I do for my kids

Money...sometimes I wish we had more, but we have enough to get by and that is okay.

Modeling clay...don't you love squishing this stuff? Making up things from your head that your hands complete and voila! something exists that didn't, before


N is for..

New...new children, new day, new possibilities, new foods, new. I like new. But I also am very connected to "old" stuff, too.

Noodles...love 'em

Nancy, my beloved Aunt, my mom's sister. She was so 'hip' when I was a teen and would go up to visit her on the north shore area of Mass. I'd whine, and help work in her garden. I never realized how much she taught me about being healthy, being organic, and making a gentle footstep on this earth until I was *ahem* in my 40's! I *always* knew how cool she was, though!

Naked. I sleep this way every night, no matter how cold it gets. I only wear jammies when I am desperately ill. Naked is good.



O is for...

Oranges, which will be horridly expensive on the east coast here, but I have a new recipe for orange marmalade which I must try!

Oprah...I respect her but nearly never watch her show

Open...part of a ditty we do at children's story hour at the library, "open shut them"...which is KC's favorite rhyme

optimistic...working on that one

optometrist...yay for them, they caught Robbies glaucoma early and this early treatment will help preserve his eyesight as he ages in later life

Oven...something I could not live without long term

Olive oil...so good for you, I use it in everything.


P is for...

Provincetown, we hope to go back here again See pic at top of list for a nice P-town shot

Pie...make a good crust, I do, but I'm not a big fan of pie, myself

persnickity...I love this word! it describes me well, just ask my family!

persimmon...what the heck is this? a berry ? a fruit? a Sherwin Williams paint color?

Public...glad my job is not dealing with 'them' anymore, lol!

pubic...when my eldest first got hair there, he called it public hair which sent us into gales of laughter, poor kid!

pools...like to swim in them sometimes but prefer the ocean or a lake

pancakes...oh, yum! 'specially Swedish pancakes like my mother made




No comments: