Thursday, January 22, 2009

Me, a work in process! Progress? Hmmm...



Here I am.
Been awhile
since I
blogged.
Busy,
tired,
holidays,
ice storm
no power
no time,
tired,
busy.

But, one thing I've been working diligently on since
I got sick in late October, is losing weight. Doing it
on my own, since the stomach bug I had made me not
eat for almost a week, with only small nibbles to sustain
me. Helped "jump start" me, I guess. Now, in mid
January, I've lost 30 pounds. Super, duper psyched!!
I never hit the evil "200" pound mark, but since I was just
8 oz off that mark, I was scared I would be heading into
my 50's the same way I spent my 30's and 40's...fat.
But....I won't!
Not now.
Oh my, it's been nearly 3 months and I'm still doing it!



As my hair has grown out, my waist has been
emerging!
So looking forward to Springtime when I can walk
again. It's ice and snow for over a month now, too
treacherous for walking in early darkness, or late
afternoon dusk. Soon. Don't want to rush the
winter away. I like winter. Really!
Just 2 weeks until I'm 50.....
....and I'm so happy with my life.

1 comment:

Laume said...

I'm so glad you're back! I've popped over from time to time and found.... October. Hugs. And you look fantastic lady!!! I hope to knock off a few pounds too just to up my energy and yes, I'll admit it, for vanity's sake. With the young women in my life now (DIL, daughter, granddaughters, etc.) I feel like I have to set a good example for what OLD can look like - lol! And hey, I had no idea you had other blogs!?!?