Sunday, August 02, 2009

Last year we had this as our first harvest from our garden plot...in late July....
This year we have........................
....................................
a whole lotta nuthin'. sigh.
I have a lot of tomatos coming along, but they are only a bit bigger than a half dollar. We had 2 sunny days last week, but also 4 inches of rain. More is coming today/tonight, too. I am so lamenting our lack of putting food up. I love my salsa, and spaghetti sauce. This year is my year to conquer my fear of the pressure cooker so I can put my spag sauce in jars, not freeze it. Well, guess I'll be canning into October, this year!!
Xcrossing fingersX


Yesterday was Ken's memorial service in Maine. It was a beautiful service. He was well loved, and many great stories were told of his life. He had a tough early life, but he made his dreams come true, and became a Unitarian minister despite all adversity. He had a long, full 96 years, and we wish him well on his journey onward...blessed be, Ken...


No comments: