Saturday, April 26, 2008

Spring!

How could I resist adding some pix of my freshly springing garden? I love the lime color of this wee bush with the golden edge of the hosta behind it. And below, one of the many new daffodils that Rob and I planted a year ago that didn't do so well last spring (we had very little snow in the 06-07 winter) but are doing wonderfullllllyyy well this spring (after quite a bit of snow and cold...the winter that seemed to go on forever!) I love the orange petals peeking out on this fancy double daffy.
But my favorite daffy this spring is this pair, with the delicately apricot-to-orange hued trumpet and the gorgeous sunburst yellow fan behind it. These fella's are in my front garden that I look out on all evening as I do piecework for a local factory, a true spring garden that I pretty much let alone the rest of the summer. Last year the boys put in a bunch of flowers for Mother's Day, which was a true surprise! I saved several plants and have overwintered them and will replant after May 15th.
Spring ! ahhhh!

No comments: