Monday, July 27, 2009

More camping photo's

One "Must Stop" place we go to every time we come to Old Orchard Beach (Maine) is here at Len Libby's. They have a GIANT, life sized moose made entirely of chocolate, and in the last few years have added black bear cubs, ducks and I think, geese, again, entirely made of chocolate. I never got as far as that display this time, as KC has the "wierds" about statues, no matter what they're made of, and I had to stay with him as he searched out his favorite candy treat, to help "shield his eyes" so he wouldn't even catch a glimpse of the "scarey moosey".

Did I mention previously that this is the summer w/o a summer in Massachusetts/New England? I did? Perhaps I should add that yesterday, July 27, was the firstday, yes, I say the FIRST DAMN DAY that we were mid 80's for temps since late May. Yuppers, it's been 60's to 70's all summer. Not to mention all the rain, fog, drizzle and what have you since late May. And I won't. And now none of us are used to Hot Humid days. Although if you're reading from northern CA/WA/OR or Texas, Kansas, etc, you're laughing and calling me an idiot, right? 80's hot???Dammmmnn. I know you folks are ROASTING and I don't envy y'all a bit. But that explains the flanned shirt I'm wearing above. It was quite chilly while we were camping. Here I'm ready to head up to the sinks for dishwashing duty. Some chores never change. Just the location, lol!


Lee justly pointed out that I'd not put in a pic of Chet yesterday. So, here is the Chet-ster, also enjoying the campfire on day one.
Only was a 3-day trip, up on Friday, return on Sunday. It was a good thing as we had wicked Thunderstorms Friday night/Saturday a.m. and we were pretty damp. Finally got to head to the beach Sat late afternoon, and when we got home it was sunny and breezy and dry air (at last!). We opened the camper up, got it all cleaned out, opened the boys tent in the backyard, and by sundown, closed everything up, all clean, dry and tidy, and ready for our "bigger" campout in September.


No comments: