Friday, August 18, 2006

Wordplay, I is for...

Infinity....where this picture is focused on
Ice cream--'specially chocolate chip cookie dough
Igneous--I love the name of this kind of rock!
Igloo--I've always wanted to build one, and this winter I have "plans" on how to build an adaptation for one, if we get enough snow
Iguana--had friends who had a mega-sized one..ugh!
I--a word I use too much sometimes, and too little other times. It can be so hard to find a balance between the I and the them. Especially when one of the 'thems' is 2!
Ipod--don't have one, don't plan on having one. I'm a technological ....I was going to say throwback, but I'm not certain that's the right word. I have a computer, well, we actually have 2 functioning ones in the house, and a DVD/Video player and TV sets (4 in the house, but only 2 used actively) and even a digital camera. I guess the Ipod/cell phone thing is because I want to feel that I can have quiet around me and be okay with it. Sure, there are times I wish I had a cell phone with me, but mostly, I do without or make my own decision rather than calling home to say "did you want fresh Parm or canned" from the grocery store. I don't want to be reachable everywhere, every place. . . and I don't want to always have music/movies/internet available at my every whim. I love to listen to the cawwing of crows, the scream of a hawk as it soars overhead while I hang my laundry, the squeal of the laundry line wheel as I overload it with wet towels, my neighbors cutting grass. Okay, so I'm a throwback!
Irresistable--see number 1 on my list...and fabric...ya, pretty irresistable too!
Irritated-I get this way when I'm driving and someone cuts me off and there was NO ONE behind me...and they slow down to 20. I swear I have a sign on the front of my van that says "go ahead and cut me off"....
Irrational--my fear that someone will steal one of my kids...or is it?
Independant--yes, that's me!
Ivy--I love to see old stone buildings with ivy crawling it's way up them. I know it's bad for the mortar, but I love the look of it anyway!
Indigo--the deepest of clear blues...a mountain lake at sunset, the sky in midwinter just before the sun breaks the horizon
Impatient--I wish this wasn't me...but it is! Life is too darned short! HURRY UP!
Invisible....I have always wished for this ability! It would be totally cool to be invisible at one's whim...just not for all times!
Italian--some of my favorite foods are Italian....
International Adoption...our first son came to us via this route and he was born in today's last word...
India

No comments: