Saturday, January 12, 2008

Yule never guess..


...just how fast one must be to grab a photo op with this bunch! I think they sat like this for about 45 seconds...all subsequent photo's show someone's butt, tongue hanging out, or ghoulish faces!
The kids decorated the Yule tree this year, and Rob (11) put it up! Oh, yeah, it's fake, because I'm still allergic to the real ones. Been trying every year since 1978 and still they make me sneeze. sigh. Anyway, Rob studied this process last year, and then this year felt he was "ready now" to take over this odious task for me. I put on the 8 strings of blue and white lights, and directed the two older boys on which boxes of decorations came down from the attic. All in all it was a lovely tree.
One thing you cannot see is the elf collection. When Robbie came home to us at age 5, his kindergarten teacher made kid-elf ornaments...elf body, with kids photo face. This has hung on our tree these last 7 Yuletides, and this year, KC (3) decided he needed to have an elf too! So I traced, colored, photo'd, printed and laminated a KC elf. "but what about Lissa? What about Chet?" the two elves asked, so they too were "elfed". It was so cute how the brothers decided that all the kids needed elves on the tree in their images!
Anyway, sharing this has put me in a good mood. We had just the best Yule, it was fun and family and cuddles and love and Lee's delicious cinnamon buns hot from the oven (she makes them up Christmas eve so they are ready to pop into the oven Christmas morn).
Well, the kitten is driving me nuts, so I must end tonights ramble. But not without a mega "YAHOOOOWAHOOOO" as the Patriots have just defeated the Jax. Jag's 31 to 20 !! Woo hoo!
Next stop, Payton Manning and the Colts!

No comments: