Saturday, March 11, 2006

A family hike













It was a lovely day here in Mass. with temps over 60 for the first time in....forever, practically! So we went on a hike at our local Audubon sanctuary. Robbie comes here once a week to attend a homeschooling class, and is really getting into nature, which is a wonderful transformation for him. KC has discovered the fun of running in the fields from these sojourns, and today was totally enraptured to hike in the woods. Except for .10 of a mile where the trail was very muddy and he was in his carrier, he hiked nearly all of the 1.5 mile trail through woods and fields! He is such a sturdy lad, which just amazes me. He is so short, but he is tough! I can't believe he'll be 2 next month! Anyway, these are some pictures of Lee and the boys. I kept running ahead, yelling stuff like "be natural" and "don't look like you're posing, Robbie, just stare at that tree, would ya?". Lee told me it was like hiking with the paparazzi!! Despite the constant annoyance of me whipping out my camera, the hike was wonderful, everyone had a good time, and we're hoping that tomorrow will be warm and sunny like today!

2 comments:

Laume said...

LOL - that's me too - asking everyone to "pose" but "act natural" for photos. Robbie has gotten so big. KC too, for that matter - where has the time gone! I still think of him as a baby baby. I love the determined look of him forging in front of Lee in the first pic.

Kirsty said...

And he is talking up a storm these days...KC I mean, but even Robbie is talking more too. He had such fun on this hike. I mean KC. Robbie too! Robbie got to "lead" the hike, as this is the sanctuary where he has a weekly homeschooling event/class. He is so happy to be homeschooling and having these fun events!
Moonsinger