Sunday, March 05, 2006

Stopping by washer on a cold Sunday morning


So, it's in the 5 a.m. hour on a perfectly good Sunday morning and here I am on the computer instead of my nice warm bed, with my nice, warm family! I had to let the dog out, who's bladder alarm can never distinguish Saturdays or Sundays, just "it's 5 a.m. pul-eeze let me out, mom" and I had to run down cellar and get the diaper wash I put in last night and the cold air was so invigorating that I am now too jazzed to go back to bed. And I got to thinking, as I loaded the diapers in the dryer, that in January, I used my clothesline for diaper drying for at least 2/3 of the month, and here it is, March, and I've barely been able to convince myself to go outside to put in or take out the wash, it's been that cold.

A friend of mine was talking the other day, and mentioned how we would all be whining come mid-July, about how hot it was out....

....I don't know if I'd be whining............okay, I probably will ! But right now summer heat seems an awfully long way away. Don't get me wrong, I love New England and the changeable weather, but January spoiled us, and, I think, delayed our cabin fever by a few weeks. We've been able to be out and about, not very much snow to hinder us all winter, excepting December, but it's not the same, being out and about when the windchill hovers in the single-degree range.

On a positive note, another flock of robins landed on the hill about 3/4 of a mile from here. We had a mini-flock in our yard Friday, they blew in with the wind, and blew right back out again in an hour. The poor things are looking for worms which are frozen deep in the soil...I sure hope it warms up fast before they starve.

1 comment:

Laume said...

Rosie has her "morning pee alarm" set about 5-ish too. Fine if Jeff is coming home from work, or home and I can shove him and say "Rosie needs to go out" - not so fine if I"m the one going out in the snow and cold.