Thursday, March 02, 2006

Whine, pizzle.

Have you ever been such a grump that you wanted to just slap yourself and holler "fer crissakes, jest get OVER it already"?? That pretty much sums up today. I ate icecream for lunch, which ordinarily would not be a bad thing, but I'm on a diet for goshsakes, and the boys have been trolls, and the sky is cloudy and we're just this close )( to having a snowstorm, missing it, and having the cloudy dreary skies, but no sparking snow to make it all worthwhile. I can see the dark clouds on the horizon, and if that is not a metaphor for how my mood is, I can't think of what is!

I know I didn't get a good nights sleep, because the baby kept kicking me out of the bed, as he loves to sleep sideways and I'm in the way. The dog woke up at midnight because his schedule got screwed up by being at the groomers, and the groomer could not get all the tangles off of him, so he got all his long hair whacked off, and is a "shorthaired" Irish Setter at the moment. Except for his ears and tail, and that, somehow, makes it worse! It will take some time before he grows his "feathers" back and I am currently vowing to groom him daily so I am in the habit as the hair grows back.

My hair color sucks big time. I tried to go blonde from red and it came out brown. Now, I'm obviously not a chemist, but someone please explain how blonde turns brown for gosh sakes. And it's growing out and looks doggie....except the dog is currently near bald. And I'm not. Bald, that is.

Sigh, I guess I will go have a cuppa, keep my appointment with the chiropractor, and see how the rest of the day shakes out. It's 4 pm eastern time, so the day is nearly over, whether it gets better or not. That should be a comfort, right?

No comments: