Monday, April 24, 2006

Hair, again!


Well, hair I am again !! If you read my blog a few weeks ago, I went back to blonde, after years of being a redhead. Last week at the salon, spur of the moment, I went platinum. Gods know what I was thinking, and after 24 hours, decided that I did not look good as a platinum blonde...my coloring is just too "ruddy" for it, and I aged at least 10 years. So, I think I'll tone it down by using at home color...ash blonde. My hair grabbed the color...the gray color, and I had very vibrant cigarette ash gray hair....major panic. So I run out, grab another color to relighten it...nada...no change except the gray is brighter. The next morning I look in the mirror and am totally grossed out by this...strange gray. I have nothing against gray hair, mind you, but this color, I am sure, does not appear in nature!! So I asked a friend who used to be a beautician, and she told me I should be grateful that I didn't turn green because of various chemical reactions, can you imagine if I did that to myself???!!! And then she recommended brown colorant. So I went out again, and colored it a medium brown and used the kind that you highlight after coloring...and I love it. NO, I mean LOVE it!! It's something different from red, and not 100% blonde, so I am really enjoying it. And because my hair is very resiliant, I have had no damage other than to the tops of my ears which I burned with the 3rd treatment. That means that I colored my hair 4 times within 36 hours! Vanity, vanity to be sure, but with a crooked nose, and rotund figure, and short to boot, one must have one vanity!!

3 comments:

Laume said...

I think you would have probably looked good in any color, but regardless, the pic of you is adorable. maybe it's the hair, maybe it's just your natural adorableness.

You've colored your hair twice as many times in the last 36 hours then I have in my entire life!

Kirsty said...

*blushing* well, thank you! Yah, I think it's my Aquarian way of "acting out"...my life is sooooo
scheduled, and I'm really a very spontaneous person at heart, and can't be with my kids, especially my Aspergers guy, so I am spontaneous with my hair!

Sherri said...

I think you would have looked just fine in green though. :)
hugs
Walkerlady