Wednesday, October 29, 2008

EEEK! Post spooky


Downside up, upside down! KC looks like a
strangely put together person!
Well, I started out with the greatest of intentions, and this last 10-12 days I've really fallen off the writing wagon, haven't I?

Maybe my life is just kinda boring. It's okay that it's boring. It is boring to read about, but not boring to live, if you know what I mean. Life is full and busy and crazy with the kids. With the sudden onset of much cooler weather, the kids and Lee have not gotten to the local park after dinner, thus the chaos and pandemonium that is burned off there, explodes in my house! This does not make for interesting posts, unless you like hearing a 4 yo talking about butts, farts or burping, and an almost 2 yo yelling NO NO YES YES and spitting at her brother. The older brothers either stoically ignore the two younglings, or, worse, they join in. Ah, the strange after supper conversations that happen between the living room and the kitchen when the parents are out of sight, but not out of earshot!!

But as I made dinner tonight, a vegetarian faux beef stew, I realized that FRIDAY is Halloween,

and that means Post spooky ends...and I've been sooooo inconsistant. Sorry all! I've been trying to squeeze out time to read everyone's posts, usually Sunday evenings, but this week I fell behind. Promise I'll catch up when we get our "extra" hour back when DST ends Sat. Between that hour, and the fact that I won't be getting to our UU church much this year either, I'll have more time to catch up. Lissa just hated being in the nursery, and got so freaked out this past week that I was going to put her there that she threw herself full throttle onto the floor,banging her head and adding to the shreiks of fear (oh, yeah, it was fear in that wee voice) were the shreeeeeeks from banging onto the floor that hard. Well, I'm not going to put her through that again. Two weeks is enough. I dunno what happened there, but I'm not going to make her fearful over it. We two will stay home and I'll get caught up on house chores, and SEWING, and maybe even some knitting! With the forthcoming holidays, extra time is a wonderful boon.
Tomorrow I'm going to post before and after pix of the trees. We had wicked winds these last two days, and my trees are just about stripped bare. Yay for raking, but, oh it was such a beautiful year for the color. I'm going to miss that golden glow through my windows, and now I really, really need to get my insulated curtains finished.
Blessed be!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

We're dreading the nine mature oak trees here...when they drop all their leaves at once! We will have "leaf drifts" a mile high! (like snow drifts with leaves!)
Happy Halloween!!!