Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I;m late, I'm late for a very important Spooky!
















the kids pumpkins in a great light and shadow
play..














this was a few days ago, these maples
have fully turned brilliant red and orange now
















this was yesterday, from my bedroom window.
This maple is one of the last in my yard to turn,
but that one orange/yellow leaf is so pretty!
















The view when I sit at the kitchen island for
breakfast. Sun has just broached the houses
across the street and smack full onto the side
yard maples. I love how the glassware
contrasts against the outside color and texture.














One more orange leaf pic...well, for today. A
short breeze blew just as I snapped this, but I
love the blurry image. Someday, someday
I will have time to make this into a quilt. But with
full blue sections sparkling behind the colors, like
the photo a few frames up.
Oh, I can't believe how behind on blogging
and blog reading I am. After 10 days with no
factory work, I suddenly had jobs at the two
that I do home work for...nearly simultaneously.
And all due "yesterday" so we were flat out between
that, and making time to rake up those beauties as they
fall!
I'll be catching up over the next few days. Down to working
just one job now here at home, canning is almost done.
Well, we went and picked what apples remain at the orchards
so I can can two more batches of apple pie filling (great with
the kids' oatmeal during the winter). And just when I had my
son take the canner and extra jars to the cellar...who knew the
orchard would be open after the first frost? Live and learn, I
guess. Anyway, this makes tomorrow a great "go nowhere" day.
Weather will be turning windy and raw and wet, and we might
see a few snowflakes, our first of the season!! (see, I knew I'd get
a scary thing in there somewhere!!!! Snow before I get all
the leaves raked for the season?? eeeeeeekkkkkkk!!)

No comments: