Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Post spooky...


Okay I confess, my sister sent this picture to me, it's called "when pumpkins drink" and it had me in hysterics! This is my "make up" post because I forgot to post last night, good intentions vs very tired Moi....my bed won this round!
One of the things I LOVE about Halloween, is that, during the day of Halloween, the 3 boys spread out on the top of our driveway and gut their pumpkins, and carve them to their hearts desire. I started stepping back from the process a few years ago. Last year I opened and partially cleaned KC's pumpkin, but at 3.5 he was "ready Mom" to be out there with his big brothers. And although my eldest is 23, he is developmentally between 14 and 16, and he very much enjoys this yearly ritual. For Rob, this is the one thing he does where he doesn't mind having gross hands. The first few years he couldn't do it, it wayyyyyyyy grossed him out, and that was fine, but now, he's up to his elbows in gunk like the other two.! It will be interesting to see where Lissa goes with this ritual...she is not one to get her tiny paws gunky! Holds them up and goes "ISH ISH" and wants a napkin to wipe them off. . . in a way this a wee spooky, as my Mom always said "ish" for icky things, and she's been gone over 12 years, so there's no way she and Lissa had a heart to heart, at least on this side of the veil!! Oh how Mor Mor would have loved them all!

No comments: