Friday, October 03, 2008

Post Spooky 2

spooky dead tree swamp, sun set,
and my favorite one tree on a hill
picture on the hill that overlooks my
hometown nestled into a hollow,
below a ridge of granite
hills.















Although I don't recommend it, I took this picture in the series above while I was driving down the highway. Small highway, but still..not a wise idea, dontcha know?! They were actually taken nearly 2 years ago, on a January evening, during the "winter without a winter" in New England. You may recall, if you're from here, that we never got snow this winter until mid-February, not even a flake, and then it snowed into April. My son was taking snowboard lessons and they almost couldn't hold class because of how warm it was, they were having trouble making snow at night. By week 3 it was finally warm enough that there was about two feet of base snow, but it was just so spooky and wierd (hence, the addition of said photo's into an October Spooky Blog!)

No comments: