Sunday, October 05, 2008

Post Spooky 4


My sweet KC...he's my posting spooky for today..
more to follow..
Last night the neighbors had a woo hoo of a party, him and her only I think, and boy oy BOYZ were they drunk! And Loud. From inside their house I could hear them whooping and yelling and partying until 430 a.m. these are not young kids, either...they're in the 40's or so, a bit younger than Lee and I. I finally got up and turned on my window fan. Didn't care that it was 37 out (I sleep with a window open for as long as possible), I would rather be cold than awakened every 30 minutes by raucous drunken laughter.


So today was a rather wasted day. I should NOT have been sewing. sigh. am making lovely lavender cuddleskin nightgown for Moi, but sewed the wrong end of the yoke onto the top of the gown, URG and even DOUBLE STITCHED the bloody thing to reinforce it. I will take it out tomorrow when my brain will be working again. There was something else I screwed up sewing too, forget what it was. Put my machine away. Did not put on the iron. Did go for a walk and left the tea kettle on (gas stove)...had about 1/4 cup of water in in when we got home oh for gods sakes!


Got my CSA boxes, and put up the first of the winter squashes, oh yummm mmm.


so, for my post spooky...a funny tale tonight...


Friday I started decorating for Halloween. Put out our giant plastic jack o lanterns ( I think there is a pic of them somewhere in a recent blog entry here). I had colored my hair last week, and my son had a b.m. near catastrophy and just as my timer went off to rinse out the dye, he called me from the bathroom "mom come quick I'm having POOP!" So I go in and he's fine but wants me to stay with him. "Poop is such a pain when it won't come out fast" he says, with 4 year old wisdom. "Come ON" he hollers at his tummy and into the potty between his legs..."I have things to DO". Finally this wonderful experience ends, and I've exceeded my color time by 15 minutes. So, instead of light auburn, I had deep dark brunette which has some red in some light. This is the darkest my hair has ever been and it's kinda nice, but also shocking, as I'd really wanted red hair. Not too much of a problem, as I have a highlight kit and later I can put in highlights and that will bring up the color a bit, and give color dimension.

Day comes when I have time to do this. Friday, last week. So I'm going to be rinsing out the highlights when KC asks for raisins. I tell him where they are (pantry, a spare closet in the guest bedroom behind the kitchen). He goes in and I go under the water to rinse. I hear a sound, but have by now forgotten that he's gone off for his raisins about 8 minutes ago. I rinse and rinse, then add conditioner. There...I hear it again...a spooky wail...heeelllp....ooohhh, helllllpppp meeee! It's from far away..what the heck? and again...:oh please, please won't somebody hellpppp meeeee...Suddenly I realize that KC has not come back and it's been 15 minutes. I grab my towel and wrap my hair while yelling for Robbie to come help find his brother. Which we do. He's been in the pantry all this time, poor fellow, too scared of the jack o lanterns to pass back through the dining room alone, and has closeted himself in the cold pantry to be rescued.

Oh my! Poor lil pumpkin pie!! He was soo scared. Sometimes I forget how big the world is when you're 4.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

When the heck did KC grow up so fast????? I haven't been gone THAT long, have I???? lol

Kirsty said...

I can't believe it either, but he's 4 1/2 already! And Elisabeth will be 2 just before Christmas...oh that wheel is turning so quickly these days!
You son must be...hmmmm 8? 9? Tommy, right? I remember all your stories in his 4 and 5 year old wonder years...and now I'm living them myself!
Welcome Back, I'm so very glad to chat with you again!
K